Tips While On Vacation
June 7, 2018
With the weather getting warmer, and the kids out of school, you may be thinking about your up coming vacation. We at Buntain want to share some tips that will help keep your home safe and secure during that summer getaway.
- Make it look like you’re home. Use timers on interior and exterior lights. Ask someone to mow and water your lawn, and if you have a pool, keep the water clear and circulating.
- Keep your car wherever you would normally.
- Install an automatic water leak detection and water shut-off system. This can save you huge headaches and costs if a pipe or faucet leaks while you’re away.
- Turn off washing machines, dryers, and dishwashers. Unplug computers, TVs, and other electronics. Don’t risk having a water problem or damage from a power surge that won’t be taken care of for days or weeks.
- Make sure your valuables are safe, secure, and hidden.
- Ask a trusted neighbour, friend, or family member to keep an eye on things.
- Make sure exterior doors are secured with a heavy deadbolt.
- Don’t post your vacation plans on social media.
- Contact your alarm company to let them know you’ll be out of town.