10 Tips to Protect Your Property While on Vacation
August 2, 2012
Welcome Summer! Before heading out the door to your favourite summer vacation spot, you may want to consider the following tips:
- Install sensor lighting all around house not just by front door and back door.
- Keep shrubbery trimmed by house so it does not block views from the street.
- Unplug all electronic items to protect from a power surge.
- Turn off water and water heater to prevent a potential water claim.
- Keep up lawn mowing/gardening maintenance.
- Don’t announce on social media that you are away.
- If possible, leave a car in the driveway.
- Set automatic timers for indoor lights.
- Put a hold on newspapers and mail if possible. If not, arrange to have this collected on regular basis.
- Leave a house key with a trusted neighbour or friend in the event access to the house is required